ResortParksAustralia : Ocean Beach TERMS & CONDITIONS | SITE MAP | CONTACT US
Default text size Increase text size

Kincumber Nautical Village Early History

Henry Gunsley Watson who came to Australia in 1824, called this property ‘Twoogill’. The original title, portion 57 parish of Kincumber remains unchanged and was registered as freehold on 21.3.1839.

One of the earliest pioneers of the district, William Ward, purchased the land in 1854 and moved his family from Kilcare to be closer to the church and the school that are still situated nearby.

He was a shipbuilder and traded in bush products. Timber from this property was used in the construction Of Circular Quay and Pyrmont Bridge.

Ward married Catherine (Kathy) Mitchell who conducted a general store from here. She died in 1898, aged 80, twenty two years after her husband who lived to be 73.

It is said that William and Kathy planted three Australian figs on the property. These trees still stand overlooking the bay as a memorial to them.

This plaque was unveiled by William and Kathy Ward’s great grandson Allen Henry Ward.

23rd February, 1991.




27 January 2015
Seniors Concert 2015
25 January 2015
Australia Day 2015
31 December 2014
HAPPY NEW YEAR 2015
13 February 2014
Broadband for Seniors
25 January 2014
Australia Day 2014
8 October 2013
New Furniture
16 September 2013
Community Garden
22 July 2013
Bistro and Function Room
22 May 2013
Australia's Biggest Morning Tea
16 October 2012
Welcome to our New Managers









02 4368 1222